Date of birth: 1 October 1992
Primary position: Infielder
Career Batting Statistics through 2018 Season
Awards and Recognition with Boston
Silver Slugger Award (SS), 2015
Silver Slugger Award (SS), 2016
Memorable Moments for Xander Bogaerts
- 8 October 2013 - The Red Sox win 3-1 over the Rays at Tropicana Field to win the American League Division Series in four games. Rookie third baseman Xander Bogaerts walks twice and scores both times in the late innings, while Koji Uehara retires the final four batters for the save.
- 2015 April 2015 - Mookie Betts' groundball single through the drawn-in infield plates Xander Bogaerts with the winning run as the Red Sox walk off with a 6-5 win over the Blue Jays at Fenway Park.
- 7 June 2015 - Trailing 4-0 with six outs to go, the Red Sox score seven runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to win 7-4 over the Athletics at Fenway Park. Rusney Castillo launches a solo home run to begin the inning, then later plates his second run of the inning with a two-out single. Xander Bogaerts drives home the tying and winning run with a two-out double.
- 24 July 2015 - Shortstop Xander Bogaerts plates center fielder Mookie Betts from second base in the 11th innings as Boston walks off with a 2-1 win over Detroit at Fenway Park. The win snaps an eight-game losing streak for the Red Sox.
- 13 November 2015 - Xander Bogaerts wins the 2015 Silver Slugger as the American League's best-hitting shortstop. Bogaerts is the third Red Sox shortstop to win a Silver Slugger, joining John Valentin (1995) and Nomar Garciaparra (1997). Bogaerts, who turned 23 on October 1, is the youngest Red Sox player to win a Silver Slugger at any position.
- 14 July 2018 - Xander Bogaerts hits a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the tenth inning to give the Red Sox a 6-2 win over the Blue Jays at Fenway Park. It is the first walk-off slam by a Boston batter since Rico Brogna in 2000.
- 1 April 2019 - The Red Sox and Xander Bogaerts agree to a six-year, $120 million extension that will keep the shortstop in a Boston uniform through 2025.