Date of birth: 13 February 1990
Primary position: Pitcher
Career Pitching Statistics through 2018 Season
Memorable Moments for Nathan Eovaldi
- 25 July 2018 - The Red Sox trade minor league pitcher Jalen Beeks to the Rays for right-hander Nathan Eovaldi.
- 8 October 2018 - Brock Holt becomes the first player in postseason history to hit for the cycle as the Red Sox pound the Yankees 16-1 at Yankee Stadium in Game Three of the American League Division Series. Nathan Eovaldi pitches seven strong innings, and allows only one run on five hits, as Boston takes a 2-1 series lead. Holt joins Bobby Doerr as the only two players in franchise history with at least two cycles.
- 16 October 2018 - Jackie Bradley Jr. hits a grand slam in the top of the eighth innings to cement an 8-2 win for the Red Sox over the Astros in Game Three of the American League Championship Series. Nathan Eovaldi allows just two runs over six innings of work, and four Boston relievers combine to shut out Houston over the final three innings.
- 26 October 2018 - Max Muncy hits a solo home run in the bottom of the 18th inning to give the Dodgers a 3-2 win over the Red Sox in Game Three of the World Series at Dodger Stadium. The game takes seven hours and 20 minutes to complete, making it the longest World Series game in both time and innings. The unsung hero of the game for Boston is Nathan Eovaldi, who despite giving up the game-winning hit saves the bullpen with six innings of relief.
- 6 December 2018 - The Red Sox and Nathan Eovaldi agree to a four-year, $67.5 million contract. The 28-year-old righthander was the unsung hero of the 2018 World Series, pitching six innings of relief in an 18-inning Game Three that was won by the Dodgers but saved wear and tear on the bullpen.