Date of birth: 31 October 1981
Primary position: First Baseman
Career Batting Statistics through 2018 Season
Memorable Moments for Mike Napoli
- 15 April 2013 - On the day of the Boston Marathon bombing, Mike Napoli doubles off the Green Monster at Fenway Park to score Dustin Pedroia from first base and give the Red Sox a 3-2 win over the Rays. The game ends only an hour or so before two bombs are detonated at the finish line of the marathon, which kills three spectators.
- 1 June 2013 - Mike Napoli hits a grand slam and Daniel Nava adds a three-run bomb as the Red Sox humiliate the Yankees 11-1 in New York.
- 15 October 2013 - Mike Napoli hits a solo home run in the top of the seventh as the Red Sox win 1-0 over the Tigers at Comerica Park to take a 2-1 series lead in the American League Championship Series. John Lackey outduels Justin Verlander with 6-2/3 innings of work, scattering four hits while striking out eight.
- 17 October 2013 - The Red Sox take an early 4-0 lead, then hang on to win 4-3 over the Tigers at Comerica Park in Game Five of the American League Championship Series to take a 3-2 series lead. Mike Napoli hits a solo home run in the second, the first run posted by Boston in the series before the sixth inning, and later in the game scores on a wild pitch. Koji Uehara records the last five outs for his second save of the series.
- 23 October 2013 - The Red Sox win Game One of the World Series 8-1 over St. Louis at Fenway Park. Jon Lester blanks the Cardinals over 7-2/3 innings of work, while Mike Napoli provides all the necessary offense in the first with a bases-clearing double to the gap in left-center field.