Elected to Red Sox Hall of Fame: 2010
Awards and Recognitions with Boston
Silver Slugger Award, 1995
Career Batting Statistics for John Valentin with Boston
Visit Baseball-Reference.com for more on John Valentin
Memorable Moments for John Valentin
- 8 July 1994 - John Valentin becomes the second Red Sox player to turn a rare, unassisted triple play and also hits a three-run homer to give Boston a 4-3 win over Seattle at Fenway Park.
- 2 May 1995 - Mo Vaughn and John Valentin each hit grand slams at Yankee Stadium to account for the only runs in an 8-0 for Boston over New York.
- 2 June 1995 - John Valentin hits collects five hits, including a double and three home runs, for 15 total bases in a 10-inning, 6-5 win over the Seattle Mariners at Fenway Park.
- 6 June 1996 - John Valentin hits for the cycle in the same game that Boston hits into a first inning triple play against the White Sox at Fenway Park, the first time since 1931 that a game featured both rare feats; the Red Sox win 7-4.
- 10 October 1999 - The Red Sox embarrass the Indians 23-7 at Fenway Park as they rack up 24 hits, setting playoff records for the most hits and runs scored in a game; the 16-run margin also set a record. John Valentin leads the charge with four hits, including two home runs, and seven RBI.