Elected to Red Sox Hall of Fame: 2004
Elected to Baseball Hall of Fame: 1945
View field manager page for Jimmy Collins
Career Batting Statistics for Jimmy Collins with Boston
Visit Baseball-Reference.com for more on Jimmy Collins
Memorable Moments for Jimmy Collins
- 2 March 1901 - Jimmy Collins agrees to leave the cross-town Braves to serve as a player-manager for the new American League ball club and owner Charles Somers.
- 11 July 1903 - Playing at Huntington Avenue Grounds, Jimmy Collins collects five hits, including a triple and a home run, in Boston's 8-5 win over Chicago.
- 11 November 1903 - Jimmy Collins signs an extension that promises to keep him at the helm of the Boston nine for another three years.
- 7 June 1907 - Boston sends former player-manager Jimmy Collins to Philadelphia for infielder John Knight. Collins won two pennants as Boston's first-ever manager but had been suspended by the team the previous August after leaving the team without permission.
- 25 April 1945 - Despite having failed to get elected on six previous writers ballots, a committee created to select some old-time ballplayers select, among others, former Sox player-manager Jimmy Collins.