Date of birth: 17 August 1983
Primary position: Second Baseman
Career Batting Statistics through 2018 Season
Awards and Recognition with Boston
Gold Glove Award (2B), 2008
Gold Glove Award (2B), 2011
Gold Glove Award (2B), 2013
Gold Glove Award (2B), 2014
Most Valuable Player Award, 2008
Rookie of the Year Award, 2007
Silver Slugger Award (2B), 2008
Silver Slugger Award (2B), 2011
Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Award, 2012
Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Award, 2013
Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Award (Overall), 2013
Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Award (2B), 2016
Memorable Moments for Dustin Pedroia
- 12 November 2007 - Second baseman Dustin Pedroia, after working through a shaky start to the season, wins American League Rookie of the Year honors. After batting only .172 through 01 May, Pedroia bats .335 the rest of the season to finish at .317, a new rookie record for a second baseman, with eight home runs and 50 RBI.
- 19 October 2008 - Boston is unable to complete a comeback from a 3-1 series deficit against Tampa Bay as the Rays win the pennant with a 3-1 win in Game Seven of the ALCS. Dustin Pedroia accounts for the only run scored by Boston on a first inning solo home run.
- 18 November 2008 - One year after winning Rookie of the Year honors, Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia wins the American League Most Valuable Player award, the third ball player to ever accomplish the feat. The Gold Glover easily outdistances Joe Mauer and teammate Kevin Youkilis in the voting.
- 24 June 2010 - Dustin Pedroia hits three home runs, including a two-run shot in the 10th, to lead the Red Sox to a wild 13-11 victory over the Rockies at Coors Field. It was the first three-homer game by a Boston player since 2004.
- 17 July 2011 - Dustin Pedroia's line drive single to right field scores Josh Reddick in the top of the 16th inning as the Red Sox outlasted the Rays 1-0 in Tampa Bay. The "Muddy Chicken" collects three hits in the game, while the rest of his teammates collect just two in a contest that features only eight hits between the two teams.
- 28 July 2011 - Dustin Pedroia extends his hitting streak to 25 games with a solo home run in the eighth inning of a 4-3 loss to the White Sox in Chicago. The Red Sox second baseman goes 0-for-4 the next night to end the streak.
- 7 August 2011 - Right fielder Josh Reddick hits a one-out single down the left field line to plate Darnell McDonald and give the Red Sox a walk-off 3-2 win over the Yankees in 10 innings at Fenway Park. Boston had tied the game the previous inning on a sacrifice fly by Dustin Pedroia off New York closer Mariano Rivera.
- 15 April 2013 - On the day of the Boston Marathon bombing, Mike Napoli doubles off the Green Monster at Fenway Park to score Dustin Pedroia from first base and give the Red Sox a 3-2 win over the Rays. The game ends only an hour or so before two bombs are detonated at the finish line of the marathon, which kills three spectators.
- 2 May 2014 - Second baseman Dustin Pedroia hits his 100th career home run, a grand slam off of Athletics pitcher Ryan Cook, as Boston wins 7-1 over Oakland at Fenway Park. Pedroia becomes the third Red Sox player behind Mo Vaughn and David Ortiz to reach the milestone with a grand slam and the second player in team history behind Carl Yastrzemski to reach 100 home runs and 100 stolen bases.
- 6 April 2015 - Dustin Pedroia and Hanley Ramirez both go deep twice, the latter hitting a grand slam the second time, as the Red Sox blank the Phillies 8-0 on Opening Day in Philadelphia.