Dom DiMaggio — OF
Elected to Red Sox Hall of Fame: 1995
Career Batting Statistics for Dom DiMaggio with Boston
Visit Baseball-Reference.com for more on Dom DiMaggio
Memorable Moments for Dom DiMaggio
- 7 August 1949 - Dom DiMaggio's 34-game hitting streak sets a franchise record but Boston loses 6-4 to Detroit at Fenway Park.
- 30 June 1950 - Red Sox outfielder Dom DiMaggio hits a home run in the same game as his brother, Yankees outfielder Joe, as the Boston wins 10-2 over New York in the second game of a doubleheader.
- 9 September 1950 - The Red Sox purchase the rights to the youngest of the three DiMaggio brothers, Dom, from San Francisco of the Pacific Coast League.
- 9 September 1950 - Dom DiMaggio records his 15th steal of the season; he ends the season with the same mark, which gives him the American League lead, the lowest total in league history.
- 8 June 1951 - Dom DiMaggio's inside-the-park home run in the fifth inning proves to be the only run the Red Sox need as Boston wins 1-0 over Chicago. The ball gets lost under the Boston bullpen bench and DiMaggio circles the bases while White Sox outfielder Wally Moses attempts in vain to retrieve it.
- 8 June 1951 - Behind pitcher Bob Feller, Cleveland stops Dom DiMaggio's 27-game hitting streak as the Tribe best the Red Sox, 7-1.