Date of birth: 14 August 1984
Primary position: Pitcher
Career Pitching Statistics through 2017 Season
Memorable Moments for Clay Buchholz
- 1 September 2007 - Rookie Clay Buchholz, in just his second major league start, throws a no-hitter at Fenway Park against the Baltimore Orioles as the Red Sox win 10-0. He becomes the third pitcher in MLB history to throw a no-no in either his first or second career start.
- 20 April 2012 - The Red Sox mark exactly 100 years to the day that the team played its first game at Fenway Park against the same opponent, the Yankees (then known as the Highlanders). Unfortunately for the home team, the visitors best them 6-2 as Clay Buchholz yields five solo home runs.
- 10 August 2012 - Clay Buchholz allows just two hits and three baserunners in a 3-2 complete game victory over the Indians in Cleveland. Cody Ross drives home the winning run for the Red Sox with a two-run home run in the sixth.
- 8 April 2013 - The Red Sox win their ninth straight home opener, clipping the Orioles 3-1 at Fenway Park thanks to Daniel Nava's three-run home run in the seventh inning and seven shutout innings from starter Clay Buchholz.
- 14 April 2013 - Clay Buchholz no-hits the Rays for seven innings before the first batter of the eighth strokes a clean single to right as the Red Sox win 5-0 at Fenway Park.
- 5 April 2014 - For the first time in team history, five different pitchers record at least three strikeouts in a single game as the Red Sox lose 7-6 loss to the Brewers in 11 innings: Clay Buchholz (3), Chris Capuano (4), Brandon Workman (3), Koji Uehara (3), and Junichi Tazawa (3).