Date of birth: 24 October 1996
Primary position: Third Baseman
Career Batting Statistics through 2018 Season
Memorable Moments for Rafael Devers
- 25 July 2017 - 20-year-old Rafael Devers makes his major league debut for the Red Sox, going 0-for-3 with two walks and a run scored in a 6-5 loss to the Mariners in Seattle.
- 26 July 2017 - The first hit of Rafael Devers' career comes in a form of a home run in the top of the third inning as the Red Sox top the Mariners 4-0 in Seattle. He is the first Boston player to have his first career hit be a home run since Daniel Nava's grand slam on the first major league pitch he saw in 2010.
- 13 August 2017 - Rookie Rafael Devers hits a solo home run in the top of the ninth at Yankee Stadium off closer Aroldis Chapman to tie the game as the Red Sox beat the Yankees 3-2 in 10 innings on Sunday Night Baseball. The usually reliable Chapman has previously given up only one home run to a left-handed batter in 418 plate appearances.
- 15 August 2017 - The Red Sox execute their first triple play in six years as Boston beats St. Louis 10-4 at Fenway Park. In the top of the fourth, after back-to-back singles by Cardinals batters, Yadier Molina grounds a ball to third baseman Rafael Devers, who steps on the bag, throws to Eduardo Nunez at second, who then relays the ball to Mitch Moreland at first for a 5-4-3 triple play.
- 9 October 2017 - Chris Sale and Craig Kimbrel are unable to hold a late lead and, despite an inside-the-park home run from Rafael Devers to lead off the bottom of the ninth, the Red Sox lose 5-4 to the Astros at Fenway Park in Game Four of the ALDS. The loss ends Boston's postseason run, while Houston goes on to win its first World Championship later that postseason.
- 18 October 2018 - The Red Sox win the 14th American League pennant in franchise history with a 4-1 win over the Astros in Game Five of the American League Championship Series. David Price pitches six shutout innings and allows only three hits while striking out nine. ALCS MVP Jackie Bradley Jr. hits his third home run of the series in the top of the third, and Rafael Devers creates some breathing room with a three-run blast in the sixth.