Date of birth: 15 March 1979
Primary position: First Baseman
Career Batting Statistics through 2017 Season
Awards and Recognition with Boston
AL Hank Aaron Award, 2008
Gold Glove Award, 2007
Memorable Moments for Kevin Youkilis
- 15 May 2004 - Kevin Youkilis makes his major league debut and hits a home run in his second at-bat, also his first major league hit, as Boston beats Toronto 4-0 at Fenway Park.
- 30 April 2008 - For the second game in a row, Boston beats Toronto with a ninth-inning, two-out base hit that scores the winning run; catcher Jason Varitek singles home Manny Ramirez to give the Sox a 2-1 win one day after Kevin Youkilis plates David Ortiz in a 1-0 victory over the Blue Jays.
- 16 October 2008 - Down 7-0 with two outs in the seventh, Boston stages the largest comeback in a American League playoff game, winning 8-7 over Tampa Bay in Game Five of the ALCS thanks in part to home runs from David Ortiz and J.D. Drew. The game ends when Drew's ground-rule double scores Kevin Youkilis from second base with two outs in the ninth.
- 18 November 2008 - One year after winning Rookie of the Year honors, Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia wins the American League Most Valuable Player award, the third ball player to ever accomplish the feat. The Gold Glover easily outdistances Joe Mauer and teammate Kevin Youkilis in the voting.
- 24 April 2009 - Boston left fielder Jason Bay ties the game with a two-out, two-run ninth inning home run off New York closer Mariano Rivera and first baseman Kevin Youkilis hits a solo shot in the eleventh to give the Red Sox a 5-4 win over the Yankees at Fenway Park in the first meeting of the season between the rival clubs.
- 15 June 2011 - Josh Beckett pitches a complete game one-hitter and shuts out the Rays 3-0 in Tampa Bay. Kevin Youkilis plates all three Red Sox runs with a seventh inning home run to left field.
- 24 June 2012 - The Red Sox send first baseman Kevin Youkilis and cash to the White Sox for Brent Lillibridge and Zach Stewart following a 9-4 Red Sox win over the Braves at Fenway Park. Ahead of the trade, Youkilis goes 2-for-4 and hits an RBI triple in the seventh inning before being lifted for pinch-hitter Nick Punto.