Awards and Recognition with Boston
AL Comeback Player of the Year Award, 2011
Gold Glove Award, 2011
Career Batting Statistics for Jacoby Ellsbury with Boston
Visit Baseball-Reference.com for more on Jacoby Ellsbury
Memorable Moments for Jacoby Ellsbury
- 11 April 2010 - Red Sox left fielder Jacoby Ellsbury fractures his ribs in a collision with third baseman Adrian Beltre while in pursuit of a foul ball in Kansas City. The injury limited Ellsbury, who stole 70 bases in 2009 to lead the majors in that category, to just 18 games in 2010.
- 16 May 2011 - The Red Sox rally from an early 6-0 deficit to win 8-7 over the Orioles at Fenway Park. Adrian Gonzalez doubles off the wall in left field to plate Jacoby Ellsbury from second in the bottom of the ninth for the win.
- 4 June 2011 - J.D. Drew singles home Carl Crawford in the 14th inning to give the Red Sox a 9-8 win over the Athletics at Fenway Park. Oakland had rallied with four runs in the top of the ninth off closer Jonathan Papelbon and had taken a brief 8-7 lead in the top of the 11th, but back-to-back doubles in the bottom of the frame from Jarrod Saltamaachia and Jacoby Ellsbury allows for the eventual walk-off hit from Drew.
- 3 August 2011 - For the second night in a row, Jacoby Ellsbury knocks home the game-winning run in the ninth inning of a 4-3 win for the Red Sox over the Indians. While last night's win was the result of a single to center field that scored pinch runner Jarrod Saltalamacchia from second for a 3-2 win for Boston, tonight he hits a solo home run to dead center to send the Fenway Park crowd home happy. They are the first two walk-off hits of his young career.
- 6 August 2011 - Jacoby Ellsbury knocks in six runs in a 10-4 win for the Red Sox over the Yankees. He is the seventh Boston player since 1919 to do so from the leadoff spot in the batting order and the first since Ellis Burks in 1987.
- 19 September 2011 - Jacoby Ellsbury scores an inside-the-park home run in an 18-9 Red Sox blowout of the Orioles, the second game of a doubleheader at Fenway Park.
- 25 September 2011 - Red Sox center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury hit two solo home runs in the first game of a doubleheader with the Yankees and becomes the first player in franchise history to have 30 home runs and 30 stolen bases in the same season.
- 13 October 2011 - Jacoby Ellsbury is named the 2011 American League Comeback Player of the Year after posting career-highs in nearly every offensive category one season after being limited to just 18 games with the Red Sox due to injuries.
- 21 November 2011 - Jacoby Ellsbury finishes second in the American League MVP vote, losing out to pitcher Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers.
- 15 August 2012 - Jacoby Ellsbury extends his hitting streak against the Orioles to 38 games (71-for-171, .415) but the Red Sox lose 5-3 in Baltimore. The streak ends the following night; it is the second longest streak hitting by a player against a single team since 1900 (Vladimir Guerrero, 44 straight versus the Rangers).
- 11 September 2012 - Jacoby Ellsbury scores Pedro Ciriaco from second base with a hard grounder to right to give the Red Sox a walk-off 4-3 victory over the Yankees at Fenway Park.
- 30 May 2013 - Jacoby Ellsbury sets a franchise record with five steals in a 9-2 Red Sox win over the Phillies in Philadelphia. Ellsbury reaches bases five times in six plate appearances and steals two bases after getting hit by a pitch in the sixth.
- 6 August 2013 - The Red Sox rally from a 7-3 deficit to win 15-10 over the Astros in Houston. Ryan Lavarnway ties a major league record by allowing four passed balls in the first inning while Jonny Gomes hits his fourth pinch-hit home run of the season in the sixth inning, one shy of Joe Cronin's record of five in 1943, and Jacoby Ellsbury becomes the third Red Sox center fielder to hit two home runs and score four runs in a game.
- 7 December 2013 - Free agent center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury signs a seven-year, $153 million deal with the New York Yankees after six-plus seasons with the Red Sox.