Elected to Red Sox Hall of Fame: 2004
Elected to Baseball Hall of Fame: 2004
Career Pitching Statistics for Dennis Eckersley with Boston
Visit Baseball-Reference.com for more on Dennis Eckersley
Memorable Moments for Dennis Eckersley
- 30 March 1978 - In a trade with the Indians, the Red Sox acquire pitcher Dennis Eckersley. The future Hall of Famer will win 20 games for Boston in 1978.
- 25 May 1984 - Boston acquires Bill Buckner in a trade that sends Mike Brumley and future Hall-of-Famer Dennis Eckersley to the Chicago Cubs.
- 17 September 1998 - 43-year-old reliever Dennis Eckersley becomes the oldest Red Sox player to earn a win as Boston wins in 10 innings, 3-2 over Baltimore.
- 26 September 1998 - Dennis Eckersley makes his 1,071st and final major league appearance to breaks Hoyt Wilhelm's record for most career appearances as a pitcher.
- 8 September 2010 - Pitcher Tim Wakefield earns the win in an 11-5 victory over the Rays at Fenway Park, becoming the oldest pitcher to win a game for Boston. At age 44, he is one year older than Dennis Eckersley, who won his last game at age 43 for the Red Sox in 1998.