Date of birth: 26 August 1985
Primary position: Pitcher
Career Pitching Statistics through 2018 Season
Awards and Recognition with Boston
Babe Ruth Award, 2018
Memorable Moments for David Price
- 1 December 2015 - The Red Sox sign free agent pitcher David Price to a seven-year, $217 million contract, the largest ever awarded to a pitcher.
- 30 September 2017 - The Red Sox clinch a second-straight division title for the first time in club history, besting the Astros 6-3 at Fenway Park. Drew Pomeranz allows just one run over six-plus innings of work for the win, and David Price comes on in relief in the top of the seventh to end a Houston rally with a strikeout of George Springer with the bases loaded.
- 18 October 2018 - The Red Sox win the 14th American League pennant in franchise history with a 4-1 win over the Astros in Game Five of the American League Championship Series. David Price pitches six shutout innings and allows only three hits while striking out nine. ALCS MVP Jackie Bradley Jr. hits his third home run of the series in the top of the third, and Rafael Devers creates some breathing room with a three-run blast in the sixth.
- 24 October 2018 - The Red Sox win Game Two of the World Series with a 4-2 win over the Dodgers at Fenway Park. David Price goes six innings and allows just two runs on three hits and three walks, while three relievers combine to retire the final nine batters. J.D. Martinez hits a two-run single in the fifth that plates the deciding two runs.
- 28 October 2018 - Behind seven strong innings for David Price, who wins his second game of the series, and two home runs from Series MVP Steve Pearce, the Red Sox win the 2018 World Series in five games with a 5-1 win over the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium. It marks the ninth championship in team history and the fourth since 2004.