Date of birth: 22 February 1983
Primary position: Left Fielder
Career Batting Statistics through 2018 Season
Memorable Moments for Daniel Nava
- 12 June 2010 - Rookie outfielder Daniel Nava, called up to replace Josh Reddick on the active roster, takes the first pitch he sees at the major league level and deposits a Joe Blanton fastball into the Boston bullpen at Fenway Park for a grand slam as the Red Sox beat the Phillies, 10-2.
- 6 August 2010 - Ryan Kalish becomes the second Boston rookie to hit a home run in his first at-bat this season as the Red Sox beat the Yankees 6-3 at Yankee Stadium. Fellow rookie Daniel Nava has hit a grand slam in his first at-bat in June.
- 8 April 2013 - The Red Sox win their ninth straight home opener, clipping the Orioles 3-1 at Fenway Park thanks to Daniel Nava's three-run home run in the seventh inning and seven shutout innings from starter Clay Buchholz.
- 20 April 2013 - In the first game at Fenway Park since the Boston Marathon bombing, Daniel Nava hits a three-run home run in the eighth inning and the Red Sox win 4-3 over the Royals. In pregame ceremonies, David Ortiz, who had missed the first two weeks of the season due to injury, amps up the crowd by stating: "This is our f**king city, and no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong!"
- 1 June 2013 - Mike Napoli hits a grand slam and Daniel Nava adds a three-run bomb as the Red Sox humiliate the Yankees 11-1 in New York.
- 1 August 2013 - The Red Sox rally from a 7-1 deficit to win 8-7 over the Mariners at Fenway Park. Boston score six times in the bottom of the ninth and wins it when Daniel Nava, in his second at-bat of the inning, hits a one-out single over the head of the drawn-in center fielder. It is Boston's 11th and final walk-off win of the season.