Date of birth: 6 July 1994
Primary position: Left Fielder
Career Batting Statistics through 2018 Season
Memorable Moments for Andrew Benintendi
- 2 August 2016 - Andrew Benintendi makes his major league debut, appearing as a pinch hitter in the seventh inning of a 5-4 Red Sox loss to the Mariners in Seattle. He goes 0-for-2 and strikes out to end the game.
- 9 April 2018 - Down 7-2 with two outs and a runner on second in the bottom of the eighth, the Red Sox rally for six runs and win by a final score of 8-7 over the Rays at Fenway Park. Boston pounds out seven straight hits, capped by a double off the bat of Andrew Benintendi to plate Mookie Betts for the game-winning RBI.
- 20 May 2018 - Despite allowing 13 hits and at least one in every inning, Eduardo Rodriguez and three Red Sox relievers combine to shut out the Orioles 5-0 at Fenway Park. Baltimore leaves 14 men on base, while J.D. Martinez clubs two home runs and Andrew Benintendi adds a two-run bomb to pace the Boston offense.
- 5 August 2018 - Down 4-1 with two outs in the ninth, the Red Sox rally off Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman to tie the game, then walk it off in the tenth on an Andrew Benintendi RBI single to complete a four-game sweep of New York. The win gives Boston a 9-1/2 game lead over their division rival with 49 games left to play.
- 17 October 2018 - Andrew Benintendi saves the game with a diving catch in left field with two outs and the bases loaded in the ninth that preserves an 8-6 win for the Red Sox over the Astros in Game Four of the American League Championship Series. The result puts Boston one win away from a fourth trip to the World Series since 2004.