Years as Manager: 1963-1964, 1980
Regular Season Record: 148-183
Memorable Moments for Johnny Pesky
- 13 June 1942 - Rookie Johnny Pesky goes 5-for-5 with a double in a 6-5 win over the Tigers at Fenway Park.
- 26 September 1947 - With hits in both end of a doubleheader against the Senators at Fenway Park, Johnny Pesky extends his hitting streak to 26 games.
- 6 October 1962 - Retaining his general manager's post, Pinky Higgins steps down as Red Sox manager and names former Red Sox shortstop Johnny Pesky as the club's manager.
- 23 September 2008 - The Red Sox retire Johnny Pesky's number six in a pregame ceremony at Fenway Park ahead of a 6-2 loss to the Yankees. Pesky is the first player to have his number retired by the club who did not spend ten years with the team as a player nor was elected to the Hall of Fame.
- 13 August 2012 - Former Red Sox shortstop Johnny Pesky, "Mr. Red Sox," dies at the age of 93 in Danvers, Massachusetts.